April 14, 2010

Work all day and night, trying to do it right.

I'd really enjoy a day off. In fact, it would change my life.

I don't work every day, but I'm busy every day. Keeping my girl happy, choresing, push-ups, tapping on my practice pad. Fill in the time in between with video games (Final Fantasy III virgin no more) and pepper in the occasional dash of spending quality time with the folks from around the neighborhood, and that's my week.

I did recently set a Monday rehearsal night with the band, Kill The Huxter, but it ain't enough, baby! I've got more rhythm than one night behind a drumset per week can satisfy.

So, I'm waiting. I wait for the rare day to come when I a) grow a pair, and 2) trek with my foldy-uppy drumkit to somewhere inconspicuous, but not too inconspicuous, get me? And then I'll change my life. It will be a dream of my life fulfilled - a bucket list box checked, at least.

In my mind, it starts as an experiment gone horribly, horribly right. In my mind I can quit my job, or at least cut down my hours from a stipend I make chopping it up on the most primal instrument in the most primal city in the world. In my mind, people I don't know know my name. My purpose is realized.

...

So we'll see, right? Paciencia y fe.

No comments:

Post a Comment