December 12, 2010

‎"I’m goin’ down to the bottom, to the bottom of a hole goin’ down" Comin' out soon.

   An incredibly talented musician and good friend, Nathan Morgan, was jumped while he was in Harlem a few days ago.  Good vibes and prayers are with him through this very difficult point in his life.  He had to have some re-constructive surgery on some facial bone fractures, and hopefully he will emerge just as attractive and stronger from this ordeal.

   Nate plays a handful of instruments, composing for piano and keyboard, and can shred a mean guitar or bass. I think about all the talent wrapped up in his brain and how delicate is that machinery.  Vanderbilt University Research is just shedding light on the connections between music and the brain including increased creativity in problem solving, memory, and neuromuscular conditions.

   I lost my father one year ago, and playing music has been my one safe escape from reality.  I imagine Nate will, when he feels like it, use playing music as a relief from mental and physical pain, as a way to say things that need to be said that there aren't words for.

No comments:

Post a Comment