May 31, 2010

I'm just like everybody else, except I'm not.

   Dishes are clean, burnt lightbulbs are changed, and the laundry is finished.  I may now blog in peace.

   My mom always says "find what makes your heart beat fast and the money will follow." I love to sing,  I've been singing years longer than I've been playing drums, or slinging drinks, and it makes me happy.  Find the right song for the right mood, and it's a recipe for chills.  Chills. how many experiences give you regularly repeatable chills?  They start before you realize it, creeping up from the base of the spine and in a moment my head is filled like a balloon, my brain lit up and euphoric, and for a brief glimpse, I am in heaven.
   
   I've been doing a lot of talk about goals, and I think it's about time I give myself some homework.  I am going to learn a new song every day I have free time and post it online for the sole purpose of critique.  I've been wanting to take lessons for singing, but I put those same mental roadblocks up that I rail against.  This is the path of a detour.

   Here is my first completed assignment.  I played Ben Harper's "When She Believes" to cheer Chetta's day up yesterday.  Any singing skills I do have are self-taught and gleaned from the music teachers of the venerable Natomas Charter PFAA in Sacramento while I would be busy playing drums.







   So, if you have critiques, advice, helpful hints and the like, please feel free to pass them on, they would be much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment