May 13, 2010

Neurology makes me want to rock out..

Listening to:  Art Brut

   Today's pretty rough.  I did have last night off, unexpectedly.  Bittersweet, as I never really feel good about canceling rehearsal, but it did afford me a more-or-less full night of sleep.
   So I have no excuse for being an absolute shit at work this morning.  But I was anyway.  I've got a gig tonight that I should definitely be excited about.  So I have no excuse for being 100% nonplussed.  But I am anyway. 
   Dissatisfaction with playing show after show of stale tunes is setting in.  It's hard to want to spend the hours we could be polishing much more awesome riffs together instead going through the motions with songs we should have moved past months ago when we found our incredible bassist.

   So that's my pissed off drummer rant.  Next step - step up, speak up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment