August 8, 2010

Lend me your ears.

I wanted to start writing in the morning, so I am.  I should have a steaming hot cuppa coffee next to me, but I'm a little finance-jittery, as we spent some cash on a new drumset, at 1968 Ludwig Jazz 3-piece:


She's a beaut!  I changed some hardware around with my mobile kit, which I'm selling on Craigslist (in case you're interested), and this little beast soon to be a-whollopin'.  Carried her down a fourth floor walk up in the Lower East Side.  

That was right before I picked up a new loveseat for our apartment.


Cozy little number.. I rolled it across Crown Heights on a dolly with the help of a friend, dodging strollers and cars - an adventurous day.

I'm trying to keep the faith on this roller coaster of a life I chose.  One moment I feel like everything is within my grasp and I can see 'the plan' clearly.  The next moment I feel like a vortex should suck me down into nothing so I don't have to think about all the real or imagined weights piling up on my shoulders.  Money worries, doubt, fatigue, and somehow, boredom.

I've got to find somebody to talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment