August 6, 2010

Operation: Fugedaboudit

I have a vision.
A band.  An organically-grown band.

The Crow Hill Greens

Working name of course.  If you've seen The Commitments, you have an idea of what I'm imagining.

1.)I have a new drum set on the way:
2.) I've got permission from the Breukelen Coffee Shop folks to store her in the back of the coffee shop which is (for now) under construction.  From there, I can see a long way.  

3.) Collect musicians from the neighborhood - I've gather there's at least 3 guitarists, one other drummer, and a trumpeter in a one-block radius of my apartment.  We can without doubt find audio engineers to soundproof and record. 

4.) Create

Who knows the extent of the talent we can find unless we look?  In this neighborhood, fugedaboudit.

Soul, Rock, Blues, Hip Hop, Jazz.  Walls of sound, screaming highs, throbbing lows and everything imaginable in-between.  It'll be a indefatigable, unignorable whirlwind of local talent.  

Or something.  

The seed of an idea just needs time to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment