January 9, 2011

Are You Pickin' Up What I'm Laying Down?

   I'm just asking for good vibes.
Link to my Project: "Operation D.R.U.M."

   Kickstarter is a great resource I discovered through Gordon Voidwell, when he was attempting (since succeeded!) to finance his first album.

   I figure, I could go through the rigmarole of working up from the bottom, making a name for myself in the right circles to be on a short list of on-call drummers for studio work.. .. .. Or I could just start my own.

   I'm submitting a project to Kickstarter for the possibility of funding from dedicated friends and believers to start my own Drum Recording Unit of Mobilitude, or D.R.U.M.

   "I'd like to offer a mobile drum track recording studio to supply high-quality drum tracks to independent and local musicians in the New York area. Armed with a 1966 Ludwig 3 piece drum kit and equipped with industry-standard microphones, studio hardware and software, I want to bring a one-stop-shop for live drum recordings to bands between drummers or solo artists looking to fill out their recordings."
   
   What do you think?  Good idea / Bad idea?  I'm giving it a shot - Starting my own mobile drum studio.  With Candice's Audio Tech guidance and a long woodshedding session to cram Protools into my brain (which I have ABSOLUTE FAITH can be done) in my future, I'm going to throw my line and see who bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment