January 14, 2011

Catch You On The Calm Down

   I'm partaking in the sacred act of Decompression.

   My first job was in a coffee shop.  At 15 1/2 I learned I couldn't come home from a high-energy, activity-filled job and fall to sleep immediately, no matter how hard I tried.

   I am now returned home from a coffee shop shift, laundry day, musical brainstorming session, and rehearsal for an upcoming show with a band I'd never played with before.  I know that's not the hardest day had by anyone but my brain is drained, nonetheless.
   Yet I couldn't fall asleep if I wanted.

   Processing the events of the night, riding the very end of that buzz, I sit on the couch fresh from a shower, listening to the world shimmy and shake outside my window.  A rough night is behind me - it did not go as smoothly as I had hoped it would, but I'm usually put out when things don't go just so, which in some instances (such as playing new tunes with a new band) is just not conceivable.
   So suck it up suck it up and move on.  You have to have the rough times to appreciate the good ones.  Don't let turkeys bring you down, build a bridge and keep on truckin'.  In a word, hang in there, and other assorted positive affirmations as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment